Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cleaning Cutters!

Cleaning up...NO ONE likes to do this!  Of course,
if I'm wrong & you know of someone out
 there who loves it...please send them my way! 
(Note: I can only afford to pay in cookies...no exceptions ;)) 
Oh yea, sure, the anticipation of creating
what's in my mind sends me over the moon (no, not literally...okay,
okay, well maybe a little)...
 
Then once the cookie is all iced and ready...
I have to convince myself to take a bite,  and believe me,
it doesn't takes a long time for that part ;)--wink wink--
 
If it's a success, then it'll be a miracle if the cookies survive the night!  And, NO! I don't eat 
them all myself--I do share with my hubby, kids and a few other family
& friends...but only because I want to make sure the weight
 gets distributed evenly between us! 
You know what they say:  "Sharing is Caring"
 
Boy oh boy, I can be on cloud 9 for days after a successful batch!  It's like nothing
else...it's a powerful thing! .........
..........
What were we talking 'bout?
.........
Oh, yea, Cleaning up those metal cookie cutters can be such a pain...esp those
 little suckers! Yes, the "mini" cutters--SO adorable, yet so
annoying to wash.  Maybe it's just me with my fragile hands, but I always seem to
 give myself a little nick or scratch from
 the edges &/or corners :(
 
I have read many blogs & I've yet to see one that gives tips about an easy way
to clean them (cutters) up...
But then again, I have an ugly habit of getting to the nitty gritty &
going straight to the good stuff on these blogs...
or maybe it's time I get my eyes checked again...
or...I could be in the early stages of memory loss...
hmm...memory loss......
.......
Cleaning Up...
 
Well, I just happen to have in my possession this little nifty tool--
It's inexpensive & highly accessible...
Yes...(drum roll)....
 
The Amazing Bottle Brush!
(ta da...)
 

I like to use the nipple brush for cleaning the icing tips...
 

Not only do the little threads on the tip of the brush get
in there and get the left over icing out...
 


 
But it's also good for getting into those tight little corners
on the cookie cutters...
 


Another trick I like for cleaning up is that I like to take advantage
 of the hot oven by letting the heat that radiates from it
dry both my icing tips as well as the cutters too...
 

All I do is lay a couple of napkins on the stove top and after I wash
the tips and cutters (& beaters, apparently) I place them
on the napkins--they dry completely within like 5 minutes!
(maybe even less)
 
Easy Peasy!
 
I don't have a dishwasher...well, aside from my kiddos & hubby........
So, I'm always looking to make things quick and simple
that way, I can get back to the more important things in my life---
like eating more cookies!
 
I just thought this simple little trick that has helped me,
might help you too!
If you guys have any other tricks, tips, or ideas that have worked for you,
please feel free to share them...I'd love to hear them, they're probably better than mine
so don't be shy!  Share! ;)
 
See ya,
Cori

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment